A Tai Chi and Qigong Workshop in Chantilly VA: Come Learn Taiji Shen Gong
- When: Saturday December 9 AND Saturday December 16 (Two 4-hour sessions)
Participation both days will be required to cover the entire form
- Time: Noon-4 p.m. both days
- Where: The new Sully Senior Center, 14426 Albemarle Point Pl, Chantilly, VA 20151 Google it
- Cost: $195.00 for both days / $97 for one day
SINGLE DAY ATTENDANCE NOTE: If you have not previously studied this form, you may attend December 9 as your single day. If you have studied the form previously, then you may attend either single day
Please REGISTER NOW in advance (required).
- Hips become open and more flexible
- Spine loosens and relaxes back muscles
- Legs become stronger
- Relaxes whole body
- Breathing becomes deeper
- Spirit becomes lifted
- Takes very little space to practice!
Tai Chi focus:
- Movements beginning at the foot and traveling up the leg to the waist
- Focusing on the waist moving the entire upper body
- Concentrating on nose-navel alignment
- Lowering the stance gradually
- Rooting the feet into the earth
- Coordinating breathing to movements
- Cultivating and clearing the Chi
About the form:
Taiji Shen Gong is a system of Qigong composed of three sections; Heaven, Earth, and Humanity and has a special flavor and rhythm. A very rich and expansive form, movements are sometimes fast and sometimes slow. This form can be practiced to be as gentle or as physically demanding as you desire. This workshop is suitable for all levels of experience.
Taiji Shen Gong is considered to be an original form of Taijiquan (Tai Chi Chuan) developed about 700 years ago in the Yuan dynasty. This original Tai Chi is not a martial art but pure Qigong to improve health and longevity. It is a perfect complement to any Tai Chi or mind-body practice.
…and if feels awesome!!! 😉
About the instructor:
Kris Brinker has been a student of internal arts—Tai Chi, Qigong, Yoga, Aikidio and Reiki—for over 25 years. Kris has been teaching in the Northern VA area throughout Fairfax, Loudoun and Prince William counties since 2002. She has enjoyed teaching various age groups ranging from George Mason dance students to residents needing the highest level of senior care at the Virginian Retirement Community. She currently teaches group Tai Chi classes in Burke VA, offers private customized training in Centreville VA and volunteers for the active senior program for Fairfax County Neighborhood and Community Services. Kris is proud to be a founding instructor for the Burke, West Springfield Senior Center Without Walls (BWSSCWOW). Professionally, Kris is Partner and Chief Creative Officer for a Northern Virginia based strategic marketing firm.